Google+ Local business reviews popup showing in SERPs, just a test?
Looks like Google could be testing something new as they appear to be showing a local business reviews popup in the main search engine results. Edited
This only seems to work on Google.com rather than Google.co.uk so if you want to test it make sure you’re using the right one, especially if you’re here in the UK. Looks like the popup is now showing on Google.co.uk as well.Just type in a local search as below and scroll down to the local results. (Click on any of the images to enlarge)
Then click on the number of reviews for any of the listings shown, e.g. where it says “10 Google Reviews” for The Lawn Bistro. What you may well see is a lightbox popup showing all the reviews for that particular business, with a prompt for you to also leave a review if you wish. Here’s a screenshot of what it looks like.
To get back to the main results just click on the cross at the top right of the popup. Interestingly there doesn’t now appear to be any simple way to get to the businesses Google+ listing, which I don’t really understand. Even from the main local results page, all the clickable links either take you to the actual business website or again to the reviews popup.
The only way you can get to a businesses Google+ listing is if it doesn’t have any reviews at all! So far I’ve had it show up for all kinds of business listings here in the UK – hotels, restaurants, dentists, plumbers, cosmetic surgeon (yeah, really) – but all searched on Google.com. Big thanks to Andrew Shotland, the Local SEO Guide, who spotted it first.
Has anyone else spotted it yet?
Latest posts by Nick Rink (see all)
- Local links, tech tools for SME’s, local SEO tips and franchise SEO - February 19, 2016
- Twitter timeline, Instagram logins, voice search and local SEO tips - February 12, 2016
- Trusted Verifier, Amazon Home Services, local links and a quiz - February 5, 2016
- Facebook services, Yahoo local, troubleshooting and content research - January 29, 2016
- Getting on the map, consumer journey, reviews and checklists - January 22, 2016